Sunday, August 12, 2007

One more thing....

I (Kristin) was offered a 5th grade teaching position for an elementary school in Raleigh. Everything happened very quickly, as I was called for an interview the first day of our Emerald Isle Vacation. I had my very first phone conference with the principal, vice principal, and one of the 5th-grade teachers...pretty nerve-racking for me. Long story short, I drove back to Raleigh the next day, Tuesday, and accepted the position in person. The school is only 7-years-old and a lot smaller than my previous one. We had a staff retreat last weekend in Beaufort, NC (right near where we were for vacation the week before), and it was a really neat opportunity to meet some of my new co-workers. You get pretty close to people when your staying in a double-wide trailer for 2 nights! ;-) So, ultimately I'm feeling hugely blessed and thankful about the opportunity God has given me for the upcoming school year. The whole job-search experience was a huge reminder of my need to trust in His Will and provision for Mark and myself. I'll try to post some pics of my new classroom sometime soon! :-)

0 comments: