Monday, May 10, 2010

It's Official!

Yesterday, I celebrated my first official Mother's Day. Last year, I was a pregnant mommy, but it's so different to be able to snuggle with our sweet boy this time around. We kept things pretty low-key, as we had just returned (on Friday) from a week at the beach and all of us are still recovering from a bout of a nasty cold-like illness.

On this Mother's Day, I wanted to reflect upon some of my thoughts on this new journey of motherhood.

Growing up, I've always wanted to be a mom. Being one of 4 children, it was just a natural desire in my heart to one day have a family of my own. When we found out on January 10th of last year that we would soon become parents, my initial reaction was an anxious and fearful excitement. Would I be able to provide for this precious baby when he arrived? I had grown-up around lots of kids, but this one would actually be mine!

On September 14th, 2009 our sweet Elijah joined our family and my whole world changed. No longer were my needs at the forefront of my mind. I was the mom of a little person who needed me more than I could imagine and give just as much back. A piece of my heart was now in a tangible form...a babbling, pooping, peeing, wriggling, and smiling little person.

Almost 8 months later, I am still growing as a mom and savoring every single minute of my new position. It is my daily prayer that God will use me (and Mark) to share the truth of His love with Eli, just as my parents did for me. What a daunting task as parents, but what a wonderful calling it is.




1 comments:

cyndy said...

Love love love your blog. I just found it, and I will now be a regular visitor! ha See you Friday! ~Cyndy