Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our Little Fish!

Mark and I decided to take Eli for his first official swim in our neighborhood pool this afternoon. We weren't quite sure how he would react to the water and all of the people there swimming. The boy does really seem to love his bath time (except for the getting cold/dressed part afterwards), so we figured our odds of success weren't too bad.

Here's Eli and Daddy, geared up and ready to go for a swim...


Needless to say, our worries were completely blown away in the first few seconds of Eli's pool experience. He LOVED it! Mark took him right in and he was immediately smiling and giggling as they swam together. I think it helped that the water was pretty warm since it's been so HOT here recently. After taking a few pics, I was able to join in on the fun. Eli especially loved to splash with his hands and kick his little feet in the water. It was adorable to watch, and we are both so proud of our Water Baby!






Gotta have some post-swim cuddle-time!




Our little guy was pretty tired by the time we walked home. (See thumb in mouth)



I'm definitely looking forward to many more family times at the pool this summer!


(Sidenote: I just realized that Eli is sucking his thumb in many of our pool pictures...too funny! The boy LOVES his thumb!)

0 comments: