I just wanted to document a few cute little things that Eli's been up to recently. Here they are...
* I absolutely LOVE going in to get him from his crib in the morning or after a nap...even more than I did before. Why? Almost every time, he greets me with a HUGE grin while bouncing up and down on his knees. Makes me laugh every time!
* Whenever I take Candy out to our backyard to "do her business," Eli will crawl up to the glass door and start banging on it while smiling and squealing in delight. I'll usually wave to him while we are out there and he will proceed to give me an even bigger smile. I NEED to get this on video. It's just too precious! (He'll also do this at our glass storm door a the front of the house...usually when we're waiting for Daddy to get home.)
* Eli has developed a love-affair with the pantry. Any time I forget to close its door, he will start pulling-out the plastic grocery bags. I think he really likes the crinkly sound they make. He can make quite the mess of our kitchen! Disclaimer: I am ALWAYS standing right there when this happens!
* A few days ago, Eli ate his first page from a book. Ironically, it was from the end of the Bible we read to him each night. Guess he heard that it was "The Good Book" and he wanted a taste!
* On Monday evening, Eli pulled-up to his feet for the first time. I was sitting on the couch and noticed he was a little higher than usual (when he would sit on his knees). Mark looked over from the kitchen and confirmed the fact that he was indeed on his feet! He hasn't pulled-up to his feet much since and we are okay with that. We're still trying to adjust to life with a crawler!
* Eli has finally discovered Candy's food bowl and water bucket (yes, bucket) in the dining room. A few days ago, the little turkey actually pilfered a piece of dog food from the bowl when Candy was eating. He proceeded to suck on it for a minute and then spit it out on the kitchen floor in a little puddle of drool. Yesterday, he actually tipped the water bucket over. Thankfully, it was not very full, but the noise of the aluminum hitting the wood floor definitely startled him. Hopefully, both instances will not become a normal occurrence!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
A few things I love...
Posted by Mark, Kristin, and Eli at 9:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment