Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Christmas Day Fun!

Christmas Day was very busy for us. We spent Christmas morning and most of the day with Mark's family. Eli was definitely a lot more interested in everything this year, but I was surprised that he didn't get into opening presents a little more. I'm sure that will change in the years to come!

Getting ready to open his presents from Santa!




Mark and I gave Eli his first set of Duplo Legos. They were a big hit!



Opening his stocking with Daddy. Eli was all about eating the food he found inside!



Yummy brunch!




Eli was obsessed with these little flashlights the entire time we were visiting with Mark's family. So random!



Reading with GG


Tried to get a good pic with my boy...so hard these days...but I still think he's pretty darn cute!


"Like my new Lego, Mom?"


Hanging with Grandpa


Getting into trouble with Aunt Margaret



That evening, we made the short drive to spend some time with my parents and extended family for gifts and desserts. Since Eli was the youngest child there, he had to blow out the candle on Jesus's Birthday Cake. We've had this tradition forever, so it was kind of wild to me to realize that it was my son's turn to do it!



So blessed to have these two wonderful women in my life!



We ended up driving back to Mark's parent's house in the snow that evening and finally had our very own White Christmas! (More on that to come soon!)

2 comments:

Laurie B. said...

loved catching up with your blog posts! Glad you're back! Sounds like Christmas was wonderful! Just had to say... enjoy the not talking, not present obsessed time. This was our first year (3 1/2) with a "present aware" child. And I was fielding questions for all of Christmas day and the next few days of... "is that for me?", "Can I open that?" "Can I have more pwesents?" etc. whew

Erica said...

I LOVE the pic of you and your mom and your grandmother! Everyone looks GREAT!!! Miss you!!