Mark and I welcomed our son, Elijah Emerson LoPresti, on Monday, September 14th at 6:40 p.m. He was a big boy, weighing-in at 9lbs 5oz and 21 1/2 inches long, and a head full of blonde hair! We've been home for a little over a week and boy has life changed in the LoPresti household! The past week has been filled with lots of visits from family and friends. Needless to say, we've felt very blessed and continue to do so. Mark is finishing up his 2 weeks off from his "real job" and went back to work at Apple for a few days/hours this week. Thankfully, my mom was able to stay with us from last Friday through this Wednesday, to help with the transition of becoming a family of 3. It was so wonderful having her here to do everything from cooking meals to simply providing an extra pair of hands to hold baby Eli. We miss her a lot already, but will see her again soon! Not to be forgotten, my younger sister, Erin, was also a huge blessing to us, as she too came down to stay with us for the days before mom was able to come down. It was so nice to not have to worry about anything associated with our home. She took excellent care of our first "child" Candy and spoiled us when we left the hospital. Let's just say it was a very emotional good-bye for me when she left to return home Saturday evening. I hope to someday be able to show her just as much love when she has her own children.
So, now we are completely on our own, but loving every minute of this new time as a family of three. I will be posting more details about Eli's birth story soon, but as of this moment I am out of time to type, as our little man is eagerly awaiting his next meal. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of our precious little guy.
Friday, September 25, 2009
He's Here!
Posted by Mark, Kristin, and Eli at 3:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh he's beautiful!!!! I cheated and couldn't wait any longer and poked around on Ben's blog until I found his announcement, so I already knew his name and weight etc, but I am eagerly awaiting the rest of the birth story and of course, more pictures!
Hope recovery is going well!!
Congratulations! Eli is absolutely adorable. I LOVE his hair! I'm so glad you guys are doing well. What a blessing!
Post a Comment