Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Keepin' Busy!

Eli had a lot going on this past weekend. Here are just a few things he was up to...

Wore his first pair of jeans! (Mommy thought he looked very handsome!)


Helped his buddy Dash celebrate his 1st birthday. Sorry, no pictures from the actual party because I was holding Eli the entire time. He had a blast, but was completely exhausted and crashed-out in the car afterwards.



On Saturday evening, Eli tried-out his high-chair for the very first time to partake in his first taste of rice cereal. He actually liked the cereal and ate the entire bowl of it (there wasn't very much and it was pretty-much liquid in consistency) and got mad at the end when there wasn't any left! I have a feeling our little guy is going to be a big eater like his daddy!







On Sunday morning, Eli was all cleaned-up ready to head to church. This was his 2nd Sunday in the infant nursery. However, he didn't do as well in there this time. When you drop-off your children, you leave a number for the nursery to put up on the screens during the service if your child is not doing so great. Well, unfortunately, our number flashed up on the screen about half-way through the sermon. I proceeded to get up and go on my "walk of shame" in front of about 3 sections of people sitting in the sanctuary. (Funny thing is that I used to joke around with Mark about the numbers when they flashed-up on the screen...number 1234, you child is going berserk...not so funny anymore!) Well, as I got closer to the nursery, I could hear Elijah's frantic crying, which he rarely ever does. After a few minutes in my arms, he was back to his normal smiley self. Go figure! Needless to say, Mark spent the latter part of yet another church service by himself. Hopefully he'll do better next week!




Eli finished-up his weekend with a quick visit from his Grandpa and Gram (Mark's parents). They treated us to a yummy early dinner at a local restaurant. Since the weather was gorgeous, we were able to eat on the outdoor patio. Eli showed-off for his grandparents and we had a nice time catching-up.




So, that was Eli's weekend. Just a few things going on around here! ;-)

0 comments: