Saturday, February 13, 2010

Road Trip!

Last weekend, Eli and I headed up to Virginia for a friend's baby shower that had been rescheduled due to all of the recent snowstorms. Unfortunately, the weather was HORRIBLE during the entire drive to my parent's house. Amazing how different it is to drive in such nastiness when you know there is precious cargo sitting in the backseat! However, we had a fun surprise when we finally arrived. My sister, Erin, was going to fly into Norfolk (she had spent the previous weeks in Honduras) and spend the weekend hanging-out with us! Eli LOVES his Aunt Erin!

Mom watched Eli on Saturday, while I went to Casey's shower. She is due to have a baby girl at the beginning of March and we can't wait to meet her! Ironically, it snowed again that afternoon, but the shower did go on and it was so much fun! I loved seeing all of the sweet girly baby stuff!










On Sunday, Eli and I surprised my grandmother with a visit. Her reaction when we walked into her room was priceless. Wish I had gotten it on film! We also spent the day visiting with one of my childhood friends, Rachel. Eli loved "talking" and giggling with her. I'm so glad they were able to finally meet!





Elijah and I missed Mark a LOT, but we had so much fun spending time with all of our family and friends. Can't wait for our next visit!

0 comments: