...our lives were forever changed when we found out we were having a boy. I remember being SO nervous the night before, that the ultrasound tech wouldn't be able to get that "money shot." I also remember finding myself hoping that it was a boy...because then any children we had afterwards would always have a big brother to watch-out for them. (I'm the 2nd child out of 4 and was/am blessed to have an awesome older brother.) This last desire was also a big change for me, having always grown-up saying all I ever wanted to have were girls because boys were so smelly and gross! Ha! It's funny how quickly that changes when you are pregnant, and all you want is healthy baby.
Nevertheless, as we all know, Eli was not modest at all and cooperated beautifully. Mark sent out a mass text to all of our immediate family members to announce the big news, even as I was still laying on the exam table with the ultrasound lady showing us every little part of our healthy baby. That was the coolest thing; to see our little boy looking more like an actual baby instead of the white blob in my 8-week ultrasound.
That evening, we were to meet for small-group. So, Mark and I stopped by Kroger to pick-up a cake to make our gender reveal. We had a great time sharing the news with our friends. Here were some pics Mark had taken with his iphone. Please excuse the half-eaten cake...we were obviously hungry! 

It's so fun to reflect back on the fun memories of our pregnancy journey, while enjoying the end result at the same time!
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
A year ago today...
Posted by Mark, Kristin, and Eli at 3:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment