Let's start off with the good...
Eli is growing and changing so very much each and every day. As of last week, he has been pulling up to stand EVERYWHERE. Who knows when this will turn into actual walking, but again, we are in NO rush. It still surprises me to find him standing-up to greet me in his crib when I go into his room...but it is so very cute!
He is also very much interested in feeding himself various finger foods these days, so that has been fun to see. It amazes me how all of a sudden he'll just decide to like or do something that he hated the day before. Having a child constantly reminds me how we really are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Now, to the bad...
With all of these fun developmental changes, comes the realization that my baby is quickly growing into a toddler. We have officially moved on to 12-month sized clothes and size 4 diapers (after a LOT of recent leaks). It made me so sad to look at the tubs full of Eli's clothes, newborn to 9-months. And just tonight, Mark and I were getting Eli ready for bed in his new 12-month p.j.'s (that looked way too long for him), and to our surprise, the length fit him perfectly! That was a huge shock for both of us! Slow down sweet boy!
And finally, the ugly...
Eli had his first official injury today. Nothing too bad, but blood was involved. Poor little guy was up in his crib for his afternoon nap and before he fell asleep he banged his top lip pretty good. I'm quickly realizing that with all of this pulling-up comes an increased amount of bumps and bruises. Even though his mouth was bleeding, he was pretty tough once he got in my arms for some cuddles and clean-up. It broke my heart to see him hurt, but I have to remind myself that this is only just the beginning. He is very much all boy and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Posted by Mark, Kristin, and Eli at 8:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
What a cutie and I definitely see a new tooth on the bottom coming in. He is without a doubt "all boy". Get that Witch Hazel handy. Why bumps miraculously go down I do not know. But it works and you were proof of it to a whole emergency room when you were a little girl. Thanks for keeping us all updated. I DO NOT like not being nearby to see with my own eyes but this is a good substitute. Love you all. You are amazing "first" parents and my grandson is a very loved child of God.
Post a Comment