This past Tuesday we were scheduled for our "Big Ultrasound" to find out who would be joining us around New Years. Eli was convinced to the very end that Mommy was growing a Baby Sister in her belly (he'd been saying this for months), Daddy held firm to his claim that he "only makes boys," and I wasn't verbally making any claims, but my heart was secretly hoping for a little girl this time around.
Well, the ultrasound tech had only brought up the image on the screen for not even a few seconds and my eyes detected our baby's boy-parts...very, very obviously boy parts. I will admit at this point Mark was beginning his celebration while I started to shed a few tears. I am so excited to meet our newest little boy but it also meant my dream to have a daughter was not to be this time around. Thankfully, baby boy looked absolutely perfect and growing right on track with our January 1st due date. We were able to get some beautiful 2D and 3D ultrasound shots this time around, since I was 19 weeks along and not 17 weeks like I ended up being with Eli.
Eli is very excited to meet his baby brother and has already stated he's going to teach him how to play various sports and share his toys with him too. (We'll see how truthful that second claim is about this time next year!) We are thrilled to meet our 2nd son later this year and now begins the fun of name-picking and nursery planning. We are blessed!
My sweet friend Cheryl and her adorable daughter Kennedy helped Eli make a card welcoming his new brother while we were at our appointment. Loved it!
Flowers from my boys to celebrate our Big Day! Eli kept telling me how they had picked them out special just for me. :-)



2 comments:
Love it. Sounds like the boys made the announcement special for their one and only girl love...mom. Can't wait!
Awww... congratulations!!! That is exciting. I'm excited to continue following this pregnancy! Love to all of you, including your newest boy!
P.S. Tell Cheryl hi for me!!
Post a Comment