Friday, November 16, 2012

1st Pre-School Thanksgiving

Yesterday, Eli and I got to experience his very 1st pre-school Thanksgiving celebration. (Daddy had to work. Boo!) His class dressed-up as Native Americans/Indians/First Americans (whatever they are being called these days) and joined the other classes in performing a few quick songs in the gym. My son was one of the only ones to refuse to wear his feather headdress (not too much of a surprise there) and I think he was turned towards the back of the risers they were on, to watch the bigger kids, for most of the time they performed. It was still fun to watch, though.

After the short performance, we "feasted" on various Thanksgiving dishes together. In true Eli fashion, he was most excited about the dessert table and kept trying to convince me he needed just one more cookie or sliver of pumpkin pie. He's such a mess!

We were sent home with a couple special pieces of artwork they had been working on in class that totally melted my heart. I mean, how long will he tell his teachers that he is thankful for his mommy. So sweet! It still feels surreal to be in this new season of school and holiday performances, but I'm loving every minute of it!


"What? There are cookies on yonder table?"





0 comments: