Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Eli spent most of the month of October eagerly anticipating the arrival of Halloween. We don't do too much around here to celebrate, just decorate with some pumpkins and go trick-or-treating, but he loved it none-the-less. It's amazing how much more excited he was about everything this year! It made everything that more fun!

On Tuesday evening, we carved our pumpkins. Eli pretty much supervised us while we carved, but he did enjoy looking inside to see all of the guts and seeds when I opened our pumpkins up. I offered for him to help me clean-out the seeds but he adamantly refused, saying it was too gross and slimy. I must admit, I was the exact same way growing up. Maybe next year he'll be more willing to help-out.






Last night we waited for Daddy to get home to go trick-or-treating. Eli was so excited to go this year, I didn't even have to bribe him to put on his monkey costume! It was so much easier than last year! Our friend Ashley and her sweet dog Maddie joined us too. We went to houses for about an hour and then our little guy was DONE. Boy got quite the haul, though. I think his Daddy was most excited about that! We ate a few pieces of candy when we got back home and Eli went right to bed. Trick-or-treating is hard work but he's already looking forward to next year. Guess he'll have to show little brother how it's done!



Oh, and don't worry, Mark came up with this last-minute costume for baby brother. He didn't want him to feel left out. It was quite the hit!


0 comments: