Tuesday, November 17, 2009

2 Months Old!


Ok, so I didn't do such a great job posting about his 1 month stats, but from here on out I am going to try my hardest to document the changes each month brings. So, first, here are Eli's stats:

1-Month-Old:
Weight: 9lbs 7 oz.
Height: 21.5 inches (I really don't think this measure was very accurate, as this was his length when he was born...)



2-Month-Old:

Weight: 10lb 15oz (Mark & I were both guessing he'd be somewhere around 11 pounds...just one ounce shy!)
Height: 22.75 inches

So, according to the percentiles of growth, our little guy continues to be perfectly symmetrical.

What is Eli up to these days?


* He's smiling a LOT and has started to "talk" more, especially when he's laying on the changing table or right after he's eaten.

* As of a few weeks ago, Eli's sleeping pretty well at night. Mark and I joke that after his final feeding aroun 10-11pm, his "switch" just turns off and he's out for the night, typically not waking up until sometime around 6-7am. Now, I just need to be better about going to sleep soon after Eli does, so I can get some sleep too! It's just so hard to not want to stay up and get things done that weren't accomplished during the day!

* He's nursing really well, although it has been determined that his little tummy does NOT like onions very much. Can we say major gas attack!

* He's getting stronger and stronger each day! Just recently, he began supporting himself on his legs when we hold him in our lap or there's some firm surface below him. Eli also continues to hold his head and shoulders up for long periods of time during "tummy time."

* He is also tracking objects a lot more! He especially likes to follow daddy and mommy with his eyes. He still hasn't really noticed Candy yet...and quite honestly, the reverse is also true!

* Eli and mommy made their first solo roadtrip back to Virginia to surprise Great-Grandma. While there, he experienced his very first Noreaster!

* He has survived his first round of vaccinations at his 2-month appointment today. Poor little guy had fallen sound asleep while we were waiting for the nurse to come and give him the shots. She gave him an oral medication (which he sucked right down...our child will eat anything!)and then he received all of his injections. I had prepared myself for the tears, but it still got to me when he let our the longest cry (in one breath) I think I've ever heard from him. Thankfully, he calmed right down after I was able to pick him up to cuddle. He did get some pretty sweet band-aids though!

So, that's about it for month two. We can't believe how quickly time is just flying by since Elijah's arrival, but we're enjoying and loving him so much more with each passing day! It's so crazy how a little baby can completely turn your world upside down in such a beautiful way! We are VERY blessed!







0 comments: