So, in my attempt to catch-up on recent happenings, I have to write about last weekend's events. Eli experienced a couple of "firsts" with his mommy and daddy. Mark's folks were here Friday to Saturday evening and treated us to Elijah's 1st meal out at a restaurant. Much to my mother's dismay (there is a story behind her distaste for this place), we decided to go to Ted's Montana Grill. Eli was so exhausted from the day's events that he actually slept through the entire meal! He was such a good dinner guest, and for those of you wondering, no, I did NOT eat bison so that Eli could say he had eaten it...his daddy did though!

On Sunday, after an almost two month hiatus since Eli's arrival, Mark and I attended church. We kept Eli with us in the sanctuary and for the most part he slept through the entire service. It's so funny to me how much planning goes into every outing now. We made sure to have a back-up bottle (even though I had fed him before we left), our seats were in the back of the sanctuary with easy access to an escape route, and there were constant glances (on both our parts) to make sure he was still sleeping through all of the parts of the service. I must say, though, Mark and I have never been so conscious of clapping during the service than we were last week. Why, you may ask? Well, every time the congregation broke into applause, Eli's little eyes would pop open and I would begin to pray that he would fall back to sleep. Mark did a great job of rocking him back to sleep each time, so it ended up not being that big of a deal. And, as Mark observed, "at least we know our son can hear!" Very true! So, that was Elijah's weekend of 1st's. Until next time...
Yes, I was a total nerd and took a picture of Eli with the bulletin at the end of the service...gotta capture these moments, right? ;-)
Saturday, November 14, 2009
A Weekend of Firsts
Posted by Mark, Kristin, and Eli at 11:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment