Lately, Eli has been known to fall asleep in the last 5-10 minutes of car rides. Especially if it's right around lunch time. He gave up his morning nap a while back over the Christmas/New Year's Holiday, but I'm wondering if this is a slight remnant of the good old days. (I think his adjustment from two to one nap was harder for me than him!) Normally, I wouldn't mind him taking a quick power-nap, but the problem comes when we get to our destination. Eli will usually stay asleep while I take him out of the car but once I need to put him down and he begins to wake up, he gets UGLY! Maybe this is paybacks for all the years I was less than pleasant in the morning before school to my family.
So, it isn't unusual for me (or whoever else is riding in the car with us) to begin doing anything and everything we can to keep the little guy awake for the remainder of the car trip. Singing loudly, tickling, trying to engage Eli in a conversation, and gesturing wildly are all pretty typical plans of attack. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. It's kind of a crazy high-stakes game to see what will happen. Boy have our lives changed since September of 2009!
This picture was taken after our return home from an obviously exhausting shopping trip yesterday morning to our local Walmart...right before lunch, of course.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Story of My Life
Posted by Mark, Kristin, and Eli at 12:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
awww... such a sweet boy! I have had people in other cars laughing at me before, as I am trying to keep Ceilidh or Graeme awake! ha
ugh. Car sleeping. I think people in other cars must think I'm crazy as I reach back and grab/tickle/yell at, etc... my little guy. And it's AMAZING that 5 minutes of sleep in a car can negate the need for a 2+hour nap. Crazy.
Post a Comment